CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm Sorry, Greta Hayley's Cookie

Greta Hayley, as I've mentioned before, and an angelic little puppy of whom I feel truly blessed to call my best friend. Every day I feel lucky that she gives me hugs and kisses, but more so, that she trusts me. To prove that, she has put her trust in me to guard her most important and prized possessions; her cookies. I have always done a good job guarding them with my life, so that when she hid them beneath me, she could always come back, push me over, and take them whenever she wanted them and they were always still there. We had a system going for the past two years and nine months. Then, two nights ago happened. Folks, I have let Greta Hayley down.

The other night, as Greta always does, she brought her prized cookie over, got up on the couch, pushed me and my blankets over, put her cookie inside of the blankets, moved them back, and then pawed me until I moved back to where I started, therefore covering and protecting her cookie. The cats tried to see what I had, but alas, they were unable to. I kept that cookie locked up as if it were contained in Fort Detrik. I had this.

And then I farted.

She ripped over to the couch so fast, shoved me out of the way, moved the blankets, grabbed her cookie and took off like a bat out of hell. I haven't seen that cookie since. I hate to say this, but I think she ate it.

Last night she came over to me again with her new cookie for the night, jumped up on the couch, started to push me out of the way, stopped, looked up at me as if to say, "You're that bitch who farted and now can't be trusted," and started hiding her cookies somewhere that I don't even know where to find them.

I am so ashamed.

No comments: