CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Auto Correct is Insifgnifigkant

I made a Wal-Mart employee hate me today. It was all my fault and I was kind of a jerk, but I laughed internally just a little, because the workers at this Wal-Mart are generally mean. Plus, I secretly felt like I was getting back at the lady who told me I couldn't use my perfectly good coupons there. Let me explain.

We have two Wal-Marts in our area, both around twelve minutes away from my house in opposite directions. Soon we will have a third. Every time we go shopping we have to stop and think what Wal-Mart we want to go to. The first one is more centrally located and there is a Target right down the road if you can't find what you want. The second Wal-Mart is out in the middle of somewhat nowhere, as opposed to fully nowhere, and there isn't another store you can go to if you can't find what you want at that Wal-Mart. However, the first store is five times as busy and you spend most of the time trying to get around people. The second store is usually like a ghost town, but people are exponentially dumber there, and the employers are rude. It seems like a lose / lose, so when you head out that day for Wal-Mart, you have to figure out if you're in the mood to get ran over, or in the mood to deal with rude and stupid.

Today we chose rude and stupid. To be fair, it's a total different set of people that shop the second Wal-Mart. You get more farmers and country folk and, well...rednecks in pajamas, whereas the other store is a little higher class. I'm not saying that rednecks in pajamas are stupid. I'm just saying they tend to stand in the middle of the aisles all the time, oblivious that they are not the only ones in the store, which is not a smart thing to do, and then bitch at you if you nicely ask them to move, because obviously they own the store. One time a lady went everywhere I went and always would go around me then stop right in front of me so I couldn't get around her. When I asked her to please move, every single time she got angry with me. So when I say stupid, I'm not talking about uneducated stupid, I'm talking about no common sense stupid.

A few months ago I was at the second store and I had a bit of an incident that I don't think I've told you about yet. If I have, bear with me. I haven't been back to the store since, but because we had just gone through a bad snowstorm and are beginning to recover, and another one is coming in tomorrow, I figured the other store would be super busy and we'd take the least busy store. I was skeptical about how this was going to go when I went to check out, though.

The last time I was there, I took my purchases and coupons to the register. I handed the cashier the coupons, and after she was done scanning everything she went through and scanned the coupons. I'm not going to lie, I had enough coupons to make a cute little old lady proud. About half didn't scan, and the only reason I got some of the stuff was because I had coupons. Substantial coupons. The lady looks a me, hands me the coupons that didn't scan and says, and I quote, "If they don't scan, I can't take them." I stared at her in disbelief for probably about a minute and then ask her why, since they were still good. She wouldn't give me a reason past it being Wal-Mart policy. She even asked the lady at the register next to her, they exchanged a strange look, and she agreed. I told her I knew it wasn't Wal-Mart policy since I had coupons that wouldn't scan before, because there's always some in the bunch, at both that Wal-Mart and the other one, and they always put them in by hand. She said no, she couldn't take them.

I have a bullshit meter on me about a mile wide. I told her that I didn't want any of the stuff that the coupons that wouldn't scan were for. She told me that I should just take it. I almost jumped across the counter and ate her, but I decided human flesh wouldn't taste good, so I told her that I didn't want it again. She went and got the manager. Long story short, I thought the manager was going to bludgeon her to death with the scanner, but didn't want to do it with witnesses. The manager firmly told her that if they didn't scan, she was supposed to put them in. As I figured, the lady just didn't want to put them in, but she didn't want to go through over two hundred dollars in groceries and pick out and take off what items went to the coupons that wouldn't scan more, so she got a manager since she had put herself in a corner by telling me she couldn't take them. She couldn't suddenly act as if she could. I knew she just didn't want to do her job. I've not trusted those employees since. Plus, my mom worked there for a Christmas and has her own stories about the ineptness of that particular Wal-Mart.

I think I was still a little bit of a Grinch toward the whole store since that incident that wasted twenty minutes of my life, and got me bitched at by an employee because she didn't want to do her job. I was super Grinch-like because I needed a price on something today, and there was a guy who worked there walking around me pricing stuff with his price gun, and he just ignored me as opposed to helping me when I requested it. I didn't even exist to him. There's more than one person there that doesn't want to do their job.

Anywho, when I decided I didn't want something today, I just left it there. Now, folks, I always take my stuff back and put it where I got it originally, even if I'm nowhere near there. I don't like making someone else pay for my indecisiveness. I understand that the people who work there have a lot to do, and they don't want to be there as much as I don't want to shop there, maybe even more. But today I was just a jerk. I know I was, but I took out my last experience at that store on someone else. I'm sorry, someone else.

Unfortunately, the guy who works there happened to see me do it. Apparently, he's the only employee in the store who does his job. I felt really bad until he threw a fit about it like a three year old and flew over mumbling to himself. About twenty minutes later my ankle started to swell up for seemingly no reason and I barely got through the store. Now it hurts like a mother trucker and I'm staying off of it because it hurts to walk on it. So there, the universe got me back for being mean to an employee. I get it universe. Ha, ha. I had it coming.

Other notable moments from today includes the automatic spell check on my email. I've never had an issue with it like I do with, say, the T9 on my phone. Then today came around. I spelled insignificant in an email to my friend. It auto corrected it to insifgnifigkant. That's a copy and paste, Squirrel Monkeys. I would like you all to Google that. It's not even a word. I'm so confused. It took my correct word and made it into a non-existent word. Good for it.

Also, for those of you who have been with me for awhile, you're familiar with my bowling skills and the infamous story where my friend and I bowled against a drunk friend, and our scores together didn't match his. So anyone who can do this is basically a superhero in my book. Especially after that dance. Or, you know, "dance." And I think that girl is the most awesome person ever. She took being embarrassed so well.

No comments: