CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Winter Wonderland of Birds

Hark, little birdies, HARK! I've finally gotten around to posting all the promised bird pictures. They're not great, as they were taken with my old Blackberry, but enjoy what you can. Even if you're having trouble finding the birds in the picture, the landscape is gorgeous covered in snow. But as we all know, snow is a lie. It might be pretty, but it's also pretty dangerous. Snow, you get me every time. But snow is Christmas-y, and since it's that time of the year, let's go winter wonderland crazy.

Some of these pictures are going to be like the Where's Waldo of birds. Can you spot the beautiful red bird right smack dab in the middle of this picture? Yes, I gave it away, but surprises aren't my thing.

This not-so-little guy was wandering all over the place. Then his friend came and joined in. After that, one fluttered away. For all I know, this may be the friend and not Original Bird. Yep, that's his name. So I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if this is Original Bird, or Clone Friend Bird.

Look! the red bird moved! The excitement is unending.

*Sigh* Fine, we were that bored at the vet's. Our dog had to be taken in the back, so we waited for nearly an hour. He's fine, though, promise. He just doesn't like his toenails clipped, so he has to be tranquilized to get it done. We've had him since he was two months old, and he was mean about his toenails then. We tried to encourage him not to be, but we lost. He's also over 90lbs, so we don't put up a good fight. Suggestions on how to deal with this are so welcome.

Can you spot the four little birds on the feeder in the middle? I promise there are four there and that they have a really bright yellow color running through them. Apparently they just didn't want to photograph well.

In the front we have the fattest bird in the world and his or her friend, the second fattest bird in the world. Behind, we have the two smallest birds in the world. This is not the last you will see of Fattest and Second Fattest.

This is an overall picture of the area where the birds were. I know, Hello Captain Obvious. However, there's roughly eight to ten birds in this picture. Bet you can't find them all. I was there and knew how many birds I photographed and I still can't. Lamesauce.

This picture is really the difficult one to spot the four birds in.

PSYCH!

Yes, I'm being ridiculously cheesy now. I'm sorry, guys. This is what Christmas does to me. It brings out the cheese.

Here I present to you Original Bird and Other Bird That Kept Attacking Original Bird For Territory of the Feeder. I'm going to assume these birds are both male. You know how guys are about their food.

I believe in this picture we have Original Bird or Clone Friend Bird. Did I mention that they're both woodpeckers, and boy could they peck wood. Which reminds me of woodchucks chucking wood. Maybe woodchucks and woodpeckers are in a secret alliance to chuck and peck wood together until they own more wood than any lumber company in the world. Muahaha!

Here is another overall picture. Little Blue and Fattest Bird and Second Fattest are all three in this picture.

Here is a close up of Fattest Bird and Second Fattest Bird. Can you see them on the right middle of the screen? At one time, Fattest Bird sat on this twig of a branch and I kept waiting for it to break. I was genuinely shocked when he successfully flew away with the branch in tack. This is no offense to Fattest Bird, but laws of gravity still apply. I love you, Fattest Bird. I love you, too, Second Fattest Bird.

I spot two birds. How many do you see?

The woodpecker and the little bird. Such pretty sights to see in the mountains. Unfortunately, snow and birds are beautiful to look at, but both dangerous. Did I ever mention that I think birds are the cutest things ever, but I'm freakishly afraid of them?

Hey, don't laugh. I've been chased by a chicken and swooped at by various birds that got in our house via a broken fireplace. We had to find out how they were getting in to fix it. It took awhile.
You'd be afraid of birds, too. And if not, lie to me and say you would be.

The woodpecker took a hike, but now we have another little bluebird atop the taller birdhouse. The beauty.

Just in case you all don't know that I do ridiculous things with my ADHD, I was doing some paperwork while messing with the bird pictures, and ended up putting Bird as my last name. It's amazing I can type, you guys.

No comments: