CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

"His Hair Is Stupid."

Just a short post for the night. My sewing machine is acting a little a funny. The machine is over fifty years old and it needs a tune up, so that's to be expected, but I have two more things to finish for Christmas before I can get it tuned up. If I take it to be done now, it probably won't be back until after Christmas. If worst comes to worst, I have a little, cranky machine that I could use. It's slow and doesn't like heavy fabrics, but it will git-r-done. I'm sorry for that, you guys. And yes, I totally anthropomorphized the machine. It is definitely cranky.

I have one story and one quirky antidote to share for the day. My poor little car that, as you all may know, hasn't worked correctly in almost a year, finally got to go to the shop where it will sit until the mechanic and his son can finally figure out what's going on with it. Immediately you all know this is going to go wrong somewhere.

This morning, my car wouldn't start. Yeah, I know. I thought it was hysterical. I was the only one. My mom's car was also going to the mechanic's for an oil change, which is only a mile or so down the road, so we took her car over and came back with the mechanic's son so he could try to get my car started to at least get it there. It was then that I learned something very important.

I have the same effect on the mechanic's son as I do on my friend, Becky's, brother.

Let me explain. Every since I've known Becky's brother, he has either hidden from me as soon as I got there, or, if he was forced to be with the two of us (God help him), he wouldn't say a word. The mechanic's son didn't say anything either. I thought he was shy. My mom said as soon as I was gone he talked, talked, talked. I most be poison, but making people uncomfortable without trying is kind of funny to me, so I'm sadly and wrongly okay with this.

Now for the antidote. My mom anthropomorphized something all by herself today. She said that Zak, from Ghost Adventure's, hair was stupid. His hair is stupid. No arguing with logic. And guys, if you start to think it's not so bad, just remember that he's 33. It puts everything in perspective. There's totally a reason that The Soup refers to him as "the ghost douche."

No comments: