CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Mom Lost Katy Perry

I know what I’m getting for Christmas. That’s okay, though, because I have the Santa hookup. But for those of you who refuse to believe in magic, every year everyone always asks me what I want and I always say that I don’t know. Everyone being my mom and Aunt Bev. This year I had no money to pick up any CDs when they come out like I usually do, so I made a list through the year and handed it out to them. I even did price matching for them, but a month later when the time came to get the gifts, I had to price match again, and this is where my mom needed my help, hence knowing my presents.

One day we were price matching on Amazon while in Target via my Blackberry, and we realized that Katy Perry was several dollars cheaper at Target. My mom decided to pick up Katy, while I picked up The Band Perry with left over birthday money from Aunt Bev. I’m not really sure where things went wrong, but I’m thinking it was here when two CDs were bought with the name Perry in them, so my mom thought there was really only one CD, or there were two and I bought and took both.

Yesterday, my mom and I were talking about what she got me for Christmas. She couldn’t totally remember, but I could. Ironic and a little funny, I know. While citing things, I happened to say Katy Perry. My mom got a funny look on her face and told me that was my birthday gift. I told her it wasn’t and that we didn’t even buy it until way after my birthday. Taylor Swift was my birthday present. She then got an even worse look on her face and told me she better find Katy, then. She thinks she may have wrapped Katy. Poor Katy.

Aside from feeling bad for the idea of Katy Perry being lost and possibly wrapped, I also learned that there is never a bad time to pull out the word wisenheimer and use it. I used it on my furniture today when it wouldn’t do what I wanted it to do. Anthropomorphizing inanimate objects is what I do best.

Speaking of furniture, I put my furniture up on Craigslist, as it just doesn’t, and never has, all fit in my bedroom. It fit at the old house when we bought it, but not here. Prepare for ridiculous stories abound. I know I am. When I was taking the pictures I removed everything from the furniture. My reasoning was because people will start making bids on anything in the picture. Some people don’t believe this, but for those who have previously used Craigslist, we know better.

I also ventured to the vet's today with our dog. If I’ve never told you about our vet, he is a Pete Wentz clone, which is half the reason I find myself having to go every time my mom goes. It just amuses me. He talks like Pete; same voice, same way of speaking, and looks exactly like him, only a little taller and he has light brown hair. He’s not the vet I worked for, but the one my mom takes the animals to. That wasn’t where I was going with this, though.

The place where we go is way up in the PA mountains, and it’s gorgeous up there. It’s just hard to make appointments in the winter because they get much more snow than we do and we never know how the roads are going to be. We always have to call ahead. Sometimes they tell us not to even bother; we’ll never get down their road. Others are fine. They’re pretty honest.

Another thing they’re awesome about is putting bird feeders right outside of the windows to amuse the humans. They get all kinds of birds. Today alone I think we saw about ten different kinds at one time. They’re just everywhere. I took a bunch of pictures of them today, but most of them are crappy as they were taken by my Blackberry. When I get a chance, I’ll sort through the good ones and post them on here. For now I’m going to try to avoid Craigslist crazies and work on Christmas things.

No comments: