CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Taking Over For Shawn Spencer When Psych Isn't On

Hey all! I'm sorry for not holding up to my end of the bargain and posting yesterday. I'm trying to make a purse for someone for Christmas, and although I'm an experienced sewer, I can't, for the life of me, understand the tutorial. Everyone is saying how easy it is to sew for beginners, and here I am scratching my head over it, yet determined to figure it out. Yep, I feel like a total dumb ass. So basically everything is right on track for the season.

I am so behind on Christmas stuff, you guys. I'm not just talking about how behind I am compared to where I usually am, but how behind I am in general. I feel like I have 9.5 billion things to make, and, as Hallmark Channel keeps reminding me, sixteen days to do it. (Thanks, Hallmark.) My mom's going to wake up one morning and find me sleeping at the sewing machine, clutching the fabric helplessly in my hands. Why do I do this to myself?

And in case anyone was reading my fanfic, it kind of accidentally died. This is ironic considering it's a Criminal Minds fanfic. I just haven't been able to breathe long enough to write for it And if anyone was reading my other one...I just haven't had time to proofread the next chapter. It makes me a little sad. For those of you keeping score at home, I did just shamelessly plug myself while explaining why I'm a loser for not updating. I'm going to say I'm sorry, but we all know I'm Sean Spencer, and I know you know that I'm not telling the truth.

I also haven't gotten around to watching any Moonlight to continue reading Miss Zoey's amazing fanfic. After Christmas I promise that things should calm down and I will get back on track with things, so please no one take offense and think I'm ignoring them or my own work. And the key word there is totally should.

I have to admit, I have no good stories to tell from the past two days, which is really random for me. Therefore, in order to keep on blogging, I'm going to share random and superficial things with you. Boys beware. It's about to get girly up in here.

Today I got my haircut. I haven't had it cut in almost a year and it was long for the first time in several years. I liked it that way. I was going to keep it that way. When my hair is long, it gets nice and thick, but when it's short, it's so thin. Short hair kind of fits my spunky personality, but that has absolutely nothing to do with this post.

I knew that, because my hair hadn't been cut in so long, I was going to lose a few inches of bad hair. So I decided to go with this style, only shorten it to about an inch below shoulder length so that I was sure all the icky ends were gone. If there's one thing I've learned in the many years of lugging celebrity pictures to my hairstylist and making them groan, it's that I have the same hair texture as Ashlee Simpson without her extensions or hair pieces, so if I can go with one of her natural styles, that's usually what I do.

However, while I was online looking up the picture to the hairstyle I wanted, one of which I've done several times and love and know off by heart, I came across this. I fell in love with the sweetheart cut, and all its cutesy wootsy sassiness, and, you guessed it, off went all my hair again. It's cute and I really love it, but I have to say, I miss having thicker hair. I really need to stick to my guns if I want to grow my hair out, but every time I do I get extremely excited about a cute little cut and it leaves me again.

Maybe my hair and myself should go to counseling. There has to be a support group for this, right? Indecisively Flaky People Anonymous. Only I wouldn't be annonymous. I'd introduce myself and my blog, and then everyone would know everything about me and it would defeat the entire purpose.

I was reading one of my magazines, and in it was an article about an organization that raises money to help get medication for people struck with malaria. This is where I instantly feel bad. For those of you who don't know, I have a blood disorder. Because I'm so young, the doctors didn't want to put me on blood thinners and I can't tolerate any kind of aspirin. Naturally, the only other option was to put me on anti-malaria medication. No, I'm not kidding. Apparently when this medication was being tested during World War II, they found it also thinned the blood with nearly no side effects.

So now, here I am, taking anti-malaria medication that other people desperately need to, you know, treat malaria, for a blood disorder. Is it stupid to feel guilty? Probably, but I still do.

All right, I am off to try and figure out what purse I want to sew now that it's obvious that I'm too stupid to properly follow the instructions given to me via an online tutorial. Tomorrow I go fabric shopping, which will probably turn into me trying to buy fabric and then giving up and buying a purse. After Christmas I will post pictures of all the gifts I made, but if I do it now and some little sneaky people find their way over to my blog, Christmas shall be ruined. Here's looking at you, Mom and Aunt Bev.

No comments: