CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Bring It On, Bizarre Christmas Folk

While it has spent all day snowing, I have spent all day sewing. You guys, this tutorial I have only includes partially written instruction, so you kind of have to fill in the blanks. It's so confusing that I actually wrote to the person who posted the tutorial and asked them to clarify. I feel like one of those people now, but since a lot of other people were confused, I'm just going to say that I was taking one for the team.

My pharmacy also ran out of my medication...and I need it refilled. They're hoping to get some in tomorrow, but now there's so much snow that we don't know if we'll get out tomorrow. When it snows, debauchery happens.

There's so much I want to tell you, but since my mom and Aunt Bev read this blog, I can't tell you about all the awesome things I ordered, or what I am making. This bums me out, because it takes a lot of the glory and context out of a holiday happy blog. When the season is over and the presents have been opened, I will post more about Christmas than I am now. I love ridiculous cliches.

I can say that I have officially received all the presents I ordered via Amazon, picked up all the materials I needed to finish making my presents and will probably be fully prepared for Christmas around April. I just can't believe how far behind I am. I'm so far behind, in fact, that I haven't had a moment to sit back and take in the season.

I can also say that the presents my mom ordered on Amazon for me are due here tomorrow, along with my new phone. This is the phone I got, and I have to say, it's not the phone I wanted, but I'm getting a little excited about it. The majority of the reviews are really awesome, and it reminds me of my Sidekick, which was my all time favorite phone. Although, my Blackberry has been the most reliable, but I'm just not fond of how small and close together the keys are. For someone who writes a lot of things on my phone, it really slows me down. The only downside to this phone seems to be a short battery life. I have thirty days to decide if I want to keep the phone or not, and I can exchange it for another, so I will see how it holds up battery wise, and if I don't like it, I'll get an updated version of my Blackberry for the same price. I have to say, though, that I'm not head over heels for the updated version of the Blackberry. And the best thing about this phone? I really didn't necessarily want a touch screen or the Android network, as I'm super simple when it comes to my cell phones, but I got them both anyway. Watch me mess this up somehow.

Since I would like to make this blog longer and have no idea what I can talk about without giving away Santa's secrets, I am going to fill you in on one of my favorite things; ridiculous news stories / online quips. I regularly save these stories and quips and send them to my mom and Aunt Bev, along with comments, so I just thought I would share here, too. I think you'll all get a kick out of the stupid, true stories that are out there.

* Let's start with the ballerina that ate one sugar plum too many. Please. If she's eaten one sugar plum too many, then I've eaten a hundred too many and am a complete cow. I want to see the reporter who said that, pronto. In fact, let me see if I can find a picture of him/her/Cruella Deville. What? Is it too ludicrous to think that the same person who thought this girl was hefty would also make a great Disney villain? Because I don't think it is.

And here's a picture. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? There's at least ten things I can think of off of the top of my head to pick on him about, but that would just be cruel. What gives him the right to pick on her? Nothing. And apparently he also feels he shouldn't apologize. My, my, aren't we full of ourselves? Old guys, you all, old guys.

* I realize this isn't going to sound so friendly, but what is with all the rappers getting arrested? I never thought of rappers as thugs and people who like jail cells, but lately it seems like they're all getting thrown in prison. Am I missing something about the rap life?

* It's not right, you guys. Not right at all. I understand having a passion for a sport, or a hot dog, or a city, and I even understand if you want to get creative and call your kid a swear word, or obsess over a rocker and name your kid after them, but for the love of Christmas cookies, just say no. Step back a moment, think about the actual name you are giving your kid and throw away any obsession attached to it. After that, think about how many things rhyme with it and the ways your kids can get picked on forever at school because of it. Then, and only then, should you choose a name for your child. Also, if you think about it and still decide to name your kid Adolph Hitler, you should be immediately evaluated by a mental health professional.

* Although this is a completely tragic story, and also bizarre and full of wonderment as to what kind of person would do this, it also proves that parents really need to think about what they name their kids. If this kid's middle name isn't Skywalker, I will be shocked. I know this and I'm not even into Star Wars, so I can just imagine the hassle he shall receive throughout his life. All of that aside, I hope they find the toy, and whomever was despicable enough to take it gets their ass in huge trouble.

* Why is this news? I have nothing against Willow Smith. In fact, I think she's a talented little girl, but this isn't news. Like the three-toothed lady in Target said regarding the engagement of Prince William and Kate Middleton; "Why in the hell do I care about them? They don't even live in the same country! The only way I care is if I'm invited to the wedding, but it's still not news!" I love that lady!

* I really don't know what to say about this, except that it took some kind of special talent that I hope I don't possess to do this. How would you do that?

That's all for me right now. I'm going to go and play with Santa.

No comments: