CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Reflecting on Being A Loser (But I Love It)



Currently, I am sitting up at the local university with three of my friends, one of which has been dubbed my lesbian lover. I am straight. As I sit here, the three of them have put on Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. It's two guys and one girl, so they have each dubbed themselves as one of the characters. Now though, the end has come, which has caused an argument between the one girl and the one boy who is pretending to be Dr. Horrible. (Maureen and Paul...*points*) I won't ruin the ending for anyone, but basically she's quite angry about the way everything went down. I love these people.

I have spent about five hours on my computer at their place. Most of those five hours have been spent sitting next to these people and IMing them from the computer. Loser much? Somehow, it reminds me of the very first picture on this blog. I am not sure who made it, so if it's yours feel free to tell me to take it down. The two people in the picture are Brendon Urie (Bden) and Jon Walker (JWalk) from the band Panic At the Disco, in case you were wondering.

To make it even better, we've learned that it is indeed possible to talk about someone while they are in the room with you and have them not know. Thank you modern technology, and for the record, no, we were not talking bad about said aforementioned person. We were concerned about them and trying to figure out what we could do to help them out. We are not mean.

It was also pointed out to me that it is indeed Tuesday the 17th. If you would like to reference this, please look up the television show Psych and refer to the episode that aired on Friday the 13th of this year.

I was just thinking on my car ride home from the university, yes, I drove home before finishing this in the pleasure of my own house, that there's a pretty epic picture of Alex (the other guy I was hanging out with at the university) and me from last Monday. He has it, so I'll have to get it off of him, but once I do I'll make sure to post it on here. Hopefully I'll remember to ask him for it tomorrow, but no promises.

Now that I am home and reflecting on the day, I'm thinking about what I'm grateful for. Today, I am grateful for my friends and especially for Greta Hayley. She is my puppy and she is spectacular. Never have I met a dog that has taken care of a person more than the person has taken care of them. I mean, I'm the best mom I can be to her, but she's really my hope. I need to be here for her, because we both need each other. When I'm sick, she follows me everywhere and when I pass out, she licks my face until I get up and then goes and scratches at the door until someone else wakes up. I try to give her the world, but I feel like it's never going to be good enough.

She is amazing, and because of that I opted to share a picture of her with all of you at the beginning of this blog. Everyone loves a cute puppy dog, so I figured it was a good way to start out a blog. She is one year old and a chow-chow mix. No, I will not share her with anyone and I am not sorry for that. She is one of a kind, the only brown one in a litter of white puppies at the shelter, and I knew that I had to make her mine, but she made me hers too. Special. She looks a lot bigger in the picture than she actually is, however she is fairly small. She weighs about twenty five pounds.

Today did not go as planned at all. I had planned on lunch with a friend today, but that fell through. With barely getting out of the house as it is, this was depressing to me, so I went back to sleep feeling as if I had nothing else to do. When I got up I realized I had amazing friends just waiting for me to contact them, so I did, and schedules fell together. I'm proud to call the people in my life friends, and I'm thankful to them for making me smile, even if it's just for a little while. I'm especially happy that they take me in, put up with me being sick, help me out, and never make me feel badly about not feeling well. They simply understand. That's a true friend.

Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment. I've never been to this doctor, but when I got this insurance they assigned meto this doctor and I had no choice. I'm unsure of how I feel about this, as most of the doctors I've gone to have been less than helpful, but hopefully he'll be a winner. I'm going to sign off for now so I can wind down and get some sleep, but hopefully I'll have a new update tomorrow.

Enjoy your night and stay inspired.

P.S. - I thought that from now on in that I would add what song I am curently listen to, or which is stuck in my head. Hopefully I can broaden your musical horizons. The songs may not be epic, but I'm willing to bet there's some you've never heard of on here. Just give them a listen because it certainly can't hurt. Nothing lost, nothing gained if you decide you don't like the song.

Tonight it's You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift. It's from her new album entitled Fearless. If I am on IM and I start typing the first two lines of this song to a friend of mine, he virtually groans and then it gets stuck in his head. I guess that's why I have it stuck in my head tonight. Either way, you can't go wrong with something by Taylor Swift. I love her. She is cute, sweet and everything that young girls aspire to be.

P.P.S - I also thought it would be neat to add what book I am currently reading into the mix as well. I read a good bit, but at the same time, depending on the book, it may take me awhile to get through one. Once I change books, I will post the new one I am reading on here.

Right now it's Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I wasn't a fan of the whole Twilight thing until I saw the movie out of curiousity. I liked the movie better than the book, and although the same things primarily happen in each, they happen differently and the movie seems more realistic to me. Thoughts? When I finish the book, which should be in the next few days, I shall review it briefly for those who are interested and / or haven't read it. I will try not to give anything away for those of you who haven't read it.

P.P.S. - I decided to also add a person of the day. Some days I get really excited over some random person and deem them my new favorite. It's usually a celebrity, and it only lasts a day or so, but if it's not a celebrity I will ask the persons' permission before posting anything about them. Today I am loving Keltie Colleen for her talent, drive, spirit, and beauty.

P.P.P.S. - I hope you all are aware of the links I've added in this blog. I'm trying to keep you all updated and in tune with what I'm talking about.

Edit: I got the picture of Brendon fixed finally. For whatever reason, no matter what picture I picked, the link would reroute and not work correctly. Pain.in.the.ass!

No comments: