CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Product of Sleeping Too Much and Feeling Good Too Little

First of all, I want to thank the wonderful young woman from Way With Words who decided to follow my blog. You are super awesome. Everyone, please click on my "followers" and head over to her blog, say hi, dance, and stay awhile.

Ugh, today. I am not complaining, but just letting today know how I feel about it. Today, I feel "ugh" about you, and yes, that is exactly how I feel with no and, ifs, or buts in between.

Before I get into today though, I would like to quote two lines from Monk. To set this up for you in the easiest way possible, he is in a missing congresswoman's office and dealing with a very incompetent secretary who can't figure out how to print something off of the computer. Monk makes a comment and she fires back with, and I quote:

"Are you patronizing me?"

And Monk says right back:

"No, I'm insulting you."

Classic.

So I had a very specific plan for the day and was looking forward to having some great material to post, however I did nothing on my agenda today. What did I do, you ask? I slept, but certainly not by choice. I woke up late morning since I can never sleep until at least four am figuring that I would get ready and go to the county assistance office. I realized very quickly that I couldn't sit or stand up for any amount of time without getting insanely dizzy. Getting dressed, far more driving was one hundred and fifty percent not happening, but not for the lack of trying. I gave up and laid down again, hoping to get a few more hours of sleep and be good to go. This did not happen. I'll go to the county assistance office Monday since I have to be up, do or die, by nine Monday morning.

I fell back to sleep and woke up again at 3:30pm, but didn't feel any better. I had plans to meet with Becky number 1 for a pre birthday dinner at Red Robin tonight, but around five I was still not ready and could not do it. I really didn't want to crap out on her so I tried to wait until the last minute, and tried to push myself to get ready and go despite how I felt. Luckily, she understands that I am sick and I do try, but I still feel really horribly about skipping dinner with her. Worse yet, she's having a party tomorrow night. It's cosmic bowling from 12am to 3am. I really want to go, but who knows how I'll feel. I hate not being able to make plans because of my health. I never know how I'll feel from day to day and it ruins a lot of things for me. Now, because I slept all day, I find myself totally discontented and I probably will be up all night and half of the morning. Screw tomorrow, I guess.

I feel like this blog is really raw and boring tonight, so I'm trying to think of a fun story to add to it to make it more glitzy. I don't like leaving boring posts with no meaning. I really enjoy being able to tell stories for both my own sake, so years from now I can look back on this blog and remember things just like I would in a diary, and so everyone reading this can enjoy or learn something from it.

While I'm thinking, I decided to get a little personal on here. When I started this blog I decided that there was only one thing / situation / person that I would not talk about. I will leave it like that. I also decided that I didn't want to talk about other people's personal problems on here, but was okay with addressing things from my side without throwing my point of view on it, or identifying said person. With that in mind, I would like to address a friend who I will call recently heartbroken, or RH for short.

RH, without getting into specifics, currently was beaten down pretty badly by an ex. He is an amazing, sweet, wonderful, incredible guy, the kind that every girl claims she wants and then takes advantage of. This is a good example of that. Right now I just want everyone to send their love his way, and pray that he finds someone who will actually treat him well. He deserves that one hundred percent and I hate seeing him hurt like this. KC, some of your words on a recent blog have helped him immensely. I thought that you were an inspiration to young girls everywhere, but it turns out you are the face of heartbreak in the good way, as you give people hope and are a good example of how to handle it with elegance and grace. Thank you from both he and I.

I started a Livejournal today, in all randomness, only to realize that I am one hundred percent Livejournal inept. I started one about a year ago and just realized that it was smarter than me. I guess it's because I don't totally get the point of a Livejournal or what it is used for unless you're really into one of the communities, which I am not. I'm all about trying new things, and with all the time I sadly have on my hands around doctors appointments, I think I shall give this thing a try. Hopefully I'm not as think as I stupid I am when it comes to it.

As I think I mentioned in my first blog, I am currently working on a novel. I've been writing for a long time and believe that every experience in your life is there for you to learn something from, gain something from. In this case, me being sick has altered every part of my life to the point where it has taken my life away. I'm trying to make the best of it. I've always loved to write, so now I'm hoping that I can write a novel while I have all this time on my hands, in my good days. Maybe this is what I'm supposed to learn from being down like this. Maybe I'm supposed to make the best of it and find a career. Who knows, but it's worth giving it a try, right?

I have to suck tonight, but I feel all blah. I've slept so much that I've made myself feel icky and exhausted, so I'm going to leave the blog at that. I feel like I have zero fun stories to tell. Instead of messing up the blog worse, I shall just leave it.

Ooh, but before I forget, the song of the night. Tonight I chose I'm Only Me When I'm With You by Taylor Swift off of the reloaded, enhanced re-release of her debut album Taylor Swift. The reason I chose this was because it was Friday, and the beginning line in this makes me think of beautiful Friday nights with someone you love. Listen, love, be inspired. Score for being able to add a song with an actual music video.

No comments: