CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Until We Meet Again

I've spent my life being a big believer that people are put in your life for a reason. When you find the person who teaches you what love is and what it feels like to be cared for unselfishly, you don't let that person go. Now I know that sometimes that's just not true.

Sometimes you can be so close to someone, rely on them and them rely on you, and one day it's just gone. Sometimes it's your fault. Sometimes it's not. In the end, fault doesn't matter. One day you will realize that if you've gone two years without seeing that person, and the only time you talk is through social networking sites, there is no relationship left to salvage. You know you can't get together with that person and see that person for reasons and demons that plague both of you. You lie to yourself and say the relationship you have will be fine. It's not fine. It's not fair.

It's really easy to tell yourself things will change, or things are fine, or a million other little lies. But the truth is, when it starts to hurt, it's time to let go. You can keep that person around in your life forever, and you can hope something changes. Maybe it will, or maybe you'll continue down the same path you did for four years with no avail. Or you can just let them go. You've tried it once before. You wondered and you came back. This time you have to be stronger; if not for anyone else, for yourself. You'll cry, and it will suck, and you'll know that you'll never really get over it or be okay with it, but it's what you have to do.

If someone else told me the same story of the situation I find myself in, I'd be honest. I'd tell them it was over. I'd tell them a million things that I, myself don't want to hear. It's hard to ignore that I'd tell them that, because it's me, it's him, it's different. But it's not different. The pain isn't different.

So how exactly do you say goodbye to the person who literally saved your life when you couldn't do it yourself?

No comments: