CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Shane

Here in Pennsylvania, we are known for odd news stories, as I've shared before. I would like to share two more with you, both that were reported within the same half an hour newscast.

* A guy was found dead this morning in someone's front yard. He had been shot. Upon being sent to the medical examiner, it was quickly determined he had been dead for several days.

Let me just ask you something real quick. How do you not notice the dead guy in your front yard for days? DAYS! The people whose yard he was in apparently had nothing to do with killing him, if that helps clear anything up for you. And by clear anything up, I mean if that confuses you more and makes you wonder where their glasses have been for DAYS!

* Two cousins were arrested in West Virginia for stealing a mass amount of beef jerky that they had planned to sell for gas money.

Dear West Virginians, please stop wondering why there's a specific stereotype attached to you. You covered more than one stereotype in this alone.

In the midst of texting these news stories to Original Becky who, sadly, was trapped in the work lunchroom and had no way of hearing these exciting news stories, she texted me the following.

"My friend loves Shane. Please kill me."

I sat there trying to figure out who in the heck Shane was and why I cared that her friend liked him for several minutes. Then I remembered this. (Paraphrased so you don't have to sift through the junk.)

Original Becky: I don't know if you like Lady Gaga or not...but I don't, lol.
Me: I hate her.
Me: She's certifiable.
Me: She's not Shane.
Me: *sane
Me: No, she's not Shane either.
Original Becky: HAHAHAHAHA MAYBE SHE IS!
Original Becky: OR HE!
Me: MAYBE SHANE IS HER REAL NAME!
Me: OMG, WE'RE ON TO SOMETHING!
Original Becky: WE DISCOVERED IT!

Just in case you were all wondering about her true identity, Original Becky and I just fixed that for you. You're welcome.

When I first saw this video, I was horrified. I had this happen to me in April of 2008. I had not felt well, my vision was blurry, I had a headache and a sharp pain in my left side behind my heart. I thought I was just tired, or having an off day. Then I went to answer the phone and couldn't say anything at all. Everything I wanted to say didn't come out. It was like I was watching what happened to myself happen to someone on live TV. I was mortified for her. Then they diagnosed her with this. Two weeks ago today I was diagnosed with the exact same thing. Every time in the last two weeks that I've told people many of my issues are coming from migraines, they've looked at me funny. Now, as sad as the situation may be, there's heavily covered media proof that this does happen from migraines. I'm sorry it took this happening to this poor girl, as I know she had to be scared, too, for people to stop thinking migraines aren't a big deal.

As promised, a continuation with said pictures of the week.



No comments: