CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Friends In the Willow Tree

I am slow at getting around to doing a lot of things that I need to do, and I apologize for that. I have a boring, albeit busy life, and sometimes I take time for my novel when I should take time for my friends. I am honest and forever apologetic about this, because I truly do love my friends. Some of them are the best part of me.

A few weeks back, the lovely Vivi posted a beautifully heartfelt entry speaking of friendship and how much she appreciated my friendship. I would like to do the same for her because she is an incredible person with a huge heart. I would also like to recognize one of my other dear, sweet friends who inspires me everyday with her blog and her words.

Vivi
I have not known you all that long, but it feels like forever in all the good ways. You were incredible enough to leave a comment on my blog, and I am grateful that you did, because through that, I have made a truly special friend. And I promise it's not the weird kind of special where you lick windows or anything, but the inspirational, heart to heart kind of special where I know I can share anything with you.

With everything you say, and every breath you take, I swear you do it just to inspire someone else. You've been through the darkness, and came out on the other side with a give them hell attitude. It takes a hell of a woman to do that, and in the face of someone trying to break you down, you just laugh and carry on your way. Although you are battle scarred, you only share those scars with those who you know will understand, and leave a smiling, honest face for everyone else to see, and people in need to turn to. You give so much of yourself and ask for so little in return.

It's in hearts like yours where the weary and lost find solace, and everyone can connect on a level playing field. This may sound funny, but you're one of those people who reminds me of a family dinner. Not the really twisted ones where everyone fights, but the ones you see in the picture perfect movies; everyone at the table having heart to hearts with their family and healing wounds. You heal wounds. You fight through it, and give others the strength to do so just by being there.

You and I are so much alike in so many ways, especially with the gift we both posses. Never have I met anyone like you, who understands what it's like and isn't afraid. You accept it for what it is, and you learn and grow from it. You don't hate it, or reject it. You simply try to understand it. I didn't realize how much I needed someone like you in my life, because all of my life I've felt alone in this. I thank you for listening to me and helping me out, and I hope that one day I can do the same for you.

I'm going to leave you with a quote that you will understand in a way no one else really can, and laugh. It's from Benjamin Franklin. "Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead." Easily an understandable quote, but for you and I, that takes a new meaning. Even if the two are dead, it doesn't mean they kept that secret, does it?

Zoe
You are easily one of my favorite people ever. Easily. You're so lighthearted and you know the meaning of going with the flow and being a good friend. You're not a throwaway friend, or the kind who even knows the meaning of the word. You're actually one of the better friends I have, as odd as that may sound, considering the distance from you to me. No matter what, you always take the time out of your day to say hey, or comment on my blog, or a million other little things you do that make you an amazing friend. I simply wish I could be that thoughtful and amazing.

You possess something that a handful of people do, which is the mind of an enigmatic heart, and the ability to put the pen to paper. Few authors make me want to jump out of my seat in anticipation for their novels. You are one of them. I can't imagine being your age and having as much drive and maturity as you do. It humbles me to know that someone like you exists, and to know that you will succeed. Failing will never be an option for you because you have what it takes to get everything you want, and you won't stop until you do. This is a beautiful thing, so unique to who you are and you must hold on to it, but not too tight, just tight enough to make sure it never slips away.

I wish I could go back ten years and wrangle what you have inside of you for myself. There's this never ending light that exudes from your being. You let people see you for who you are; so unafraid. I know that you've been hurt, and your heart has been bruised, but you've bounced back. When so many girls would be crying in their room for days on end, and going into their own little fantasy world of fairy tales and princes that will never come, you face reality. You put your head up high and walk right through the doors of life, knowing you will succeed. It takes a hell of a woman; one a million, you might say.

This may seem trivial, but I also love your taste in music. It's like you're this old soul in this young body. You have a lot to teach, and people have a lot to learn from you. You define the quote of "where there is love, there is life." You are full of both.

2 comments:

あやか said...

Ok, Cassie dear....Thank you so much for this and I think you've done something really great that speeds up your good karma points :D You know what? Your words had prevented me from posting something really bad for my karma, something like "cheering" for my ex's recent suffering for all the things he had done on me and yes, I was about to write up something like how happy I was to have known this and when he will be thrown down to hell as soon as possible, blah, blah, blah! Thank you, my friend...You don't know how much you've helped me by preventing me doing such stupid things:D I love you, Cassie! You know your place in my heart <3

carrie said...

I'm terrible at sticking to my guns. I keep telling myself to write this book, at least a chapter a day! And it never gets done. Something always distracts me, and it's incredibly irksome!

It's so great to meet genuine people. People who care. It's sad, that all my closest friends live across the country, or overseas, and I'll never get to meet half of them, but there are a few I am set on seeing someday. The fact that these people can make you happy and understand you, and would never be as horrible as half your "real life" friends are, just makes everything both equally harder and easier. It gets to the point where you know these online people wouldn't let you down, whereas your friends do. I think that's what's so great about the internet nowadays; you can count on your friends to log on, and talk to you, and in that respect its better than having people who let you down at the last minute.

Thank you so much for those kind words<3 if i had a way with words like you do, I'd write something for you! Sadly, I'm not so skilled with blogging :)