CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

And You Thought I Wasn't At All Weird

I am always looking for the weirdest thing I can find to put on here that is tell-tale about who I am. Although I normally steer clear from questionnaires, I think this one is just weird enough to cover all my criteria of things I look for to post on a blog. Because there’s a lot of questions, I’m going to try and do the very non-writer thing and answer them simply, without making an essay out of them.

Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Closed. I still have the notion there is something in my closet hiding. This is probably because on more than one occasion, there has been. Damn cats.

Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
No, I do not actually. My hair is a toughie, so there’s only one shampoo and conditioner that I found that makes it happy, so I stick with that.

Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
Out, otherwise I feel like I’m in a looney bin. I don’t like to be trapped in any sense, physically or hypothetically.

Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
No, and this bums me out a little, because who doesn’t want an awesome sign in their room? However, I’m just not the stealing type.

Do you like to use post-it notes?
The better question is, who doesn’t like to use post-notes? But seriously, they are my friends. They help keep my mild OCD in check.

Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
It’s like this survey knows me. All the freaking time, survey, all the freaking time. I mean to, and I think I go through all of them when I’m shopping, but I don’t. I always miss a ton.

Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
Ah, neither? Is that an option? I’m going to say bees, because I’m not allergic. The chances of me surviving that one are better than me surviving a bear attack.

Do you have freckles?
Yes, yes I do.

Do you always smile for pictures?
I try, but there’s few decent pictures out there of me smiling. I would rather smile in pictures, but somehow I always come off looking ridiculous when I do.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
When I clean and then my mom just leaves stuff lying around everywhere and refuses to help me clean, or pick it back up. Here in the Ruby Red Hearts household, we live in a crazy mixed up world where up is down and daughters are housewives with no husbands.

Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
If I have nothing else to think about and need to fill my brain with something, yes, yes I do.

Have you ever peed in the woods?
Uh...can I lie on this? Seriously, who hasn’t at one time? When you have to go, you have to go.

What about pooped in the woods?
No, that I have not done. I’d prefer to keep it that way.

Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing?
Everyday that ends in Y. I’ve never danced well, though.

Do you chew your pens and pencils?
Why yes, yes I do. Mostly pencils because I have a fear of the pens breaking in my mouth and me eating ink. Ink; it just doesn’t have the same appeal as paste.

How many people have you slept with this week?
Zero. Even if this isn’t meant to be sexual, it’s still zero. I sleep alone.

What size is your bed?
Queen, because Greta Hayley needs room too.

What is your Song of the week?
Fearless - Taylor Swift
For some reason, I keep singing it.

Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
As long as they think it’s okay to wear pink and aren’t doing it to either get attention, or to see what people say. If they like pink and they want to wear it with confidence, I say go for it.

Do you still watch cartoons?
No, of course not. Phineas and Ferb isn’t a cartoon...it’s a comedy without real actors. Oh, wait, that’s a cartoon, isn’t it?

Whats your least favorite movie?
I really am not a fan of Star Wars. I know, I know. Maybe I could be persuaded, but I’m still not a fan.

Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
Dude, I’m not going to tell you that! And how do you know I don’t have any and it’s not hidden in the proverbial place where I would hide hidden treasure. I see what you’re trying to do here, and it’s not going to work.

What do you drink with dinner?
Depends on what I’m eating. Usually water, but if I have pizza it’s usually pop or iced tea.

What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Ketchup.

What is your favorite food?
Teriyaki lemon chicken with seasoning salt and steak seasoning. Or chocolate. It’s a toss up.

What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
A Walk to Remember
500 Days of Summer
21
Any of the Jurassic Park sagas
Probably Twilight, too, but let's just pretend I didn't admit to that, okay?

Last person you kissed/kissed you?
Friend. This is getting really personal here, survey. Are you trying to make me cry?

Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
Yes, I was. A girl scout, I mean. If I were a boy scout, there would be issues and questions abound. I sold cookies and wore the outfit. I don’t regret a thing, except maybe that I don’t know a girl scout to buy any cookies off of anymore.

Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
My immediate response to this is no, but I guess if I was comfortable with my body (which I am) and it was tastefully done, I would consider it. I would not, however, do it for money. It would have to be a personal choice based on how confident I was and what I wanted to prove to myself.

When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
June of 2009, but I never gave it to the person, although I still have it.

Can you change the oil on a car?
No, but my car is glad. I am the worst candidate for this job. I would find a way to screw it up.

Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Nope. The speed limit is my friend.

Ran out of gas?
Nope, the gas gauge is my friend. Plus, I know my car. Now that I said this, I will.

Favorite kind of sandwich?
Chicken and bacon. Together...hugging.

Best thing to eat for breakfast?

I’m a fan of cinnamon bagels with cream cheese. Or waffles with whipped cream. Yum!

What is your usual bedtime?
Whenever I fall asleep. This usually happens between 2am and 4am.

Are you lazy?
No, but when I really don’t feel well I can be.

When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
I was everything from a dinosaur, to rainbow bright, to a pumpkin.

What is your Chinese astrological sign?
Scorpio

How many languages can you speak?
Three. One very well; English, and two others very poorly; Spanish and French, but I can pick up enough to get by.

Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
I do not, but I wish I had one for Cosmo. I like the magazine, even with the sex articles I’ll never use.

Which are better Legos or Lincoln Logs?
Legos are harder to knock over and I am the definition of Murphy’s Law.

Are you stubborn?
No, not at all. You’re being stubborn by asking that! Don’t argue with me! You are being stubborn and I am not wrong about this!

Oh, I guess I can be when I really believe in something.

Who is better...Leno or Letterman?
I like Leno, but my grandma was a dead ringer for Letterman’s mom who was on his show from time to time, so I don’t feel like I can fairly choose.

Ever watch soap operas?
I used to when I was younger, but as a rule I don’t anymore. If there’s nothing on I may turn on SOAP, but I don’t pay much attention.

Afraid of heights?
I’m not fond of them particularly, and if I don’t have to look down I would prefer it, but I can hold myself together and conquer heights if I have to.

Sing in the car?
I’m not sure if this is really a question. I don’t do anything but sing in the car.

Dance in the shower?
I can fall over sitting in a room without nothing in it. This is obviously not a good thing to even try.

Dance in the car?
How does one do this anyway? When I think of dancing, I think of moving your feet around, too. If you’re doing that, you’re probably in jail somewhere for vehicular manslaughter. If you’re talking about moving your hands around, sometimes I do but only at a red light.

Ever used a gun?
No, but I wouldn’t mind learning how to shoot one just in case.

Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
It’s been about ten years.

Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Yes, yes I do. It doesn’t stop me from watching them, because I personally find myself singing and narrating my whole entire day in doing so, but I don’t pre-write and choreograph my dancing to said song. What gets me with musicals is not the impromptu singing and dancing, but when an entire group suddenly is able to sign the song in complete harmony, and dance the same dance moves with total strangers. No one ever does that when I burst into random song. Maybe I'm just jealous.

Is Christmas stressful?
Depends on how you look at it. I have no family to get together with anymore. It’s just my mom and myself, so in that respect it’s not. I do, however, stress about where I’m hiding everything, and then when I do find a place to hide the gifts, they end up being in my way anyway and I can’t wait to get them out of my way.

Ever eat a pierogi?
Huh. I haven’t. That’s odd.

Favorite type of fruit pie?
Pumpkin with whipped cream.

Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Singer, nothing else.

Do you believe in ghosts?
Really questionnaire? Do you? I don’t get a lot of choices over here.

Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
Yes, quite often.

Take a vitamin daily?
No, but I am on a vitamin D regimen a few times a week.

Wear slippers?
Always. I have to have something on my feet in a house of sixteen animals. It helps.

Wear a bath robe?
In the winter when it’s super cold, I put it in the drier for ten minutes and then cuddle away. It’s like being hugged by a cloud and a blanket rolled into one.

What do you wear to bed?
Pants and a long sleeved shirt, or shorts and a short sleeved shirt depending on the season.

First concert?
I want to be kind of cool and say Britney Spears, and if you’re talking about concerts I actually chose to go to and was aware of, this would be true. However, I remember being around eight and being taken to a Kenny Rogers concert, so technically that was my first.

Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
Target. It’s more streamlined and easier to find things. Plus, less people go there so you can actually shop without getting run over.

Nike or Adidas?
Neither. I’ve never been a fan of either.

Cheetos Or Fritos?
Cheetos, because of their cheesy goodness. But I don’t want Fritos to feel slighted. I like them, too.

Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
Sunflower seeds. I was never a fan of nuts. Let the jokes begin.

Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?
No. At first I thought yes, but then I remember I’ve heard the French phrase, but I didn’t know there was a group called such.

Ever take dance lessons?
When I was little I took ballet and tap.

Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
No. As long as I love him and he loves what he does and has drive, I really don’t care what he does. If he works at McDonald’s and loves it, gets by and it’s the fruit of his being, then God bless him.

Can you curl your tongue?
No. Even my tongue is uncoordinated.

Ever won a spelling bee?
No, but I was always really close.

Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
Yes.

Own any record albums?
I do. I inherited a bunch of older albums from my grandfather, along with his old record player. I only got to add two of my own, which were both Panic! at the Disco albums. Am I right in thinking the ! is back, by the way? I feel so uncool that I'm not sure.

Own a record player?
Questionnaire, you’re not a very good listener. I just told you I did.

Regularly burn incense?
No, but I do burn candles.

Ever been in love?
Yes, and I learned that no matter how great the love, it doesn’t mean you’re meant to be. I don’t regret a thing.

Who would you like to see in concert?
Paramore, A Fine Frenzy and Taylor Swift

What was the last concert you saw?
Automatic Loveletter

Hot tea or cold tea?
I like both, but I drink more cold.

Tea or coffee?
Again, I like both but I tend to drink more cold tea. In the winter, however, it’s a close call. Coffee and I become pretty close.

Sugar or snickerdoodles?
Snickerdoodles. There’s doodle in the name. Automatic win!

Can you swim well?
Very.

Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
I never hold my nose, even under water, so yes.

Are you patient?
It depends on the situation and how I’m feeling, but sometimes I seem to have endless patience. After sitting in doctors offices as much as I have, you learn that virtue real fast.

DJ or band, at a wedding?
I’m not against either, but I would prefer a band.

Ever won a contest?
I have. In fact, in the only contest I ever won, I won a horse. Yes, a horse. A real, living, breathing horse. It was an essay contest.

Ever have plastic surgery?
No, and I don’t plan on it. The only thing I would ever consider would be evening out my boobs. My one boob is a half of a cup size larger than the other, which means I’m constantly having issues with my bras. I doubt I would ever get it fixed, but I guess if I had the money and I got really bored. Most likely, though, no. I just don’t think it’s worth it.

Which are better black or green olives?
Neither. I’m not a fan of olives. We had a falling out way back in the day, and since then, we've been unable to repair our broken relationship.

Can you knit or crochet?
No, but I can craft just about anything. If someone would show me how, I’m sure I could pick it up and am willing to try.

Best room for a fireplace?
I think living rooms are a very practical place for one, but I’ve always wanted one in my bedroom. I think it’s romantic and relaxing. Who I'm getting romantic with, however, is beyond me.

Do you want to get married?
If I find the right guy, and only if. Deep down inside, I really do, but I am also fine on my own if this doesn’t happen.

If married, how long have you been married?
Unless no one told me I was married, this is irrelevant.

Who was your HS crush?
I was home schooled in high school, so I guess my text book.

Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
No. I think that’s childish.

Do you have kids?
No.

Do you want kids?
Absolutely. This is not negotiable. I want to adopt a child who has some sort of special needs. Getting married is negotiable. Adopting is not.

Whats your favorite color?
I try not to discriminate. I do tend to be quite fond of certain shades of blue.

Do you miss anyone right now?
At the moment I can honestly say I miss my friend Holly.

Did you watch, Next Great American Band on FOX?
I didn’t even know that was a show.

1 comment:

carrie said...

I'll facebook you all my answers, because Blogger is lame, and won't let me post it!