CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

There Are Cat Poop Kleptos Out There

In the midst of the fail story I had to tell yesterday, I forgot to tell two other small stories that went right along with my day. One brings the strange front and center, while the other just makes you wonder if what's going on is really legal. Fun times, right? I will not leave you in suspense. I will move right into the stories.

Yesterday was garbage day, so being that we don't like garbage piling up in our house or garage, we put out garbage out. Within our garbage we had a plastic cat litter bin to put out. The bin was empty of fresh litter, of course, but inside of the bin was dirty cat litter and lots of runny, disgusting cat poop. I promise I'm not telling you all this to gross you out.

After we put the garbage out, we ran to go and get blood taken from my body. (For those of you who are counting, this is around seventy tubes of blood since the end of last November.) When we arrived back home just an hour later we noticed that our garbage had not been picked up yet, nor had the neighbors, but the cat litter bin filled with stinky, gross poop was gone.

I just have one question for the people who took it. Why? And I also have one sentiment. Eww!

While out yesterday, I ran to Wal-Mart to refill my prescription. I am currently taking 10MG of Amitriptyline to treat a little bit of a nerve disorder that I've been having issues with since a 120lb wooden crate attacked my foot. It's no big deal and really not the point of the story here, but this is still important to know.

For the longest time I've always gotten my prescriptions at Wal-Mart with no problem, but this time when I got my prescription filled I noticed that something was different. Instead of feeling a little bottle inside my bag, I felt something large and square, so I pulled it out. I noticed what they were giving me was not my regular med. Instead, it was Amitriptyline Hydrochloride. This confused me, especially considering I'm severely allergic to hydrochloride, so I took the prescription back and asked the pharmacist what was going on.

Apparently Wal-Mart decided to go with a new manufacturer of their generic drugs, and since each generic drug is just slightly different from the other, the difference in this one was that it contained hydrochloride. I can now no longer get my meds at Wal-Mart due to this. *Sigh* Oh well, that means I'll be buying a lot more stuff at Target now.

I wouldn't have even been so upset about this, but Wal-Mart switched manufacturers, therefore switching out the pills, and wasn't ever planning on telling me. If I wouldn't have happened to be suspicious about the pills coming in a blister pack, instead of just thinking that's how they were coming now, I may not have read the small print and seen that there was hydrochloride in them. That would have ended badly.

I'm considering writing a quirky letter to Wal-Mart corporate just to let them know that I feel they should alert people when changing manufacturers and drugs. I was always under the understanding that they were required to do that by law. Apparently I'm wrong on this.

Ugh, when will the stupid end? WHEN I ASK YOU!

No comments: