CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

I Feel Like Flo From the Progressive Commercials

Just a short story for today, as I am working on another big story that is taking me awhile to write, but I promise it should be worth it. I say should in case you don’t enjoy the story you can’t come back on me and say, “hey, you said this story was going to be awesome.” I won’t be guilty as charged.

I know I often speak of my mom’s antics on here, and today she did it again; she proved that I can never know what to expect from her, but it’s funny. Here’s some highlights.

Today my mom went to deliver a present to her buyers who just closed on a house. She came home with a microwave. And not just any microwave, their microwave.

You did not read that incorrectly. I was just as confused. I mean, how does this happen? How does one take someone a gift and come back with their microwave?

Apparently they didn’t want the microwave that came with their house, so they gave it to my mom. I’m not complaining, because our microwave only heats up certain parts of the food and not the whole thing, despite being on a spinning tray, so I appreciate it. I’ll just never forget her walking in the house and asking me to remove her buyer’s microwave from the car.

On a related note, my mom had to go to an inspection for a house she is selling. She got very bored while there. How did I know this? She e-mailed me on her phone. Not called, not texted, but e-mailed me.

Again, you did not read that incorrectly.

I know I’ve talked about how technology inept my mom is, and considering she’s had her phone for five days, and it’s a Blackberry, I was shocked she could even e-mail, but I guess boredom forces you to figure things out. I commented that I was shocked, in which she told me that she wasn't stupid, just slow at figuring things out. I immediately asked her why she didn’t text me. Her answer?

“I couldn’t figure it out.”

For all of you with smart phones, you know it’s just as easy, if not easier to text than it is to e-mail. I explained to her how to do so, being as, on a Blackberry, it was practically the same thing. She couldn’t figure it out. Touche, Mom, touche.

While on the subject of awesome people, I would like to thank both Zoe and Vivi Ann for their amazing support on the journey that is my blog. Your comments and friendship mean so much to me and I am grateful to have you both to call friends. The fact that you two both take the time to tell me that you took something I wrote to heart is the greatest gift I could ever ask for. Thank you is not enough, but it's sincere.

In other news, I’ve known for awhile that I was going to have to get some pictures done that represented me as a person and a writer; that were my brand. The ones I had were old and that wasn’t a good way to sell myself. So today I finally had a chance to get myself made up and take some pictures. I did the pictures myself to save money, with the camera on a timer. They’re not the most professional pictures ever, but I think they represent me well. Here are some out takes.

For future reference, the name of this blog is a reference to one of the pictures I have where I look like Flo from the Progressive commercial. I didn't post it, but I suppose I could.

My appreciation and enough thank yous to last me a lifetime go out to Becky, because she was nice enough to sit with me for close to two hours and help me pick out pictures. What I'm saying is she had to stare at me for two hours and tell me how I looked. It wasn't right, but she didn't it anyway and I really appreciate her amazing awesomeness and friendship! I owe you a Ryan Spencer, Becky!






Last but not least, and just because I can be random, I would like to point out that I have no life, which you all knew. Therefore, this will come as no shock to you. For those of you who watch Criminal Minds, you will notice that Matthew Gray Gubler cut his hair short. I always thought long hair was fitting to him, but after I got over the shock of him going from this to this in a week, I'm pretty sure I decided he was drop dead sexy. Yes, this is what my life has come to, finding celebrities drop dead sexy and writing about it on my blog. And since I'm already being strange, I'm going to add to that. Can you guys believe he's 30? If I look that good at 30, I have nothing to complain about.

1 comment:

carrie said...

You're so beautiful! I think those pictures are amazing, and will definitely represent you well.

Maybe our mother's have something in common? I spent a good two hours telling her how to use Facebook when she got around to making one, and then another half an hour on how to use the internet properly (opening up tabs so you don't have to keep opening new browsers!). Luckily she doesn't need any help with her phone!

I look forward to the new story. (: