CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

As Deep As a Parking Lot Puddle

My heart and prayers go out to everyone who was and is affected by the tornadoes. My prayers are with you and your families. I can't imagine the heartbreak and terror you've endured over the past few days, but my thoughts, as well as the thoughts of my readers and thousands, if not millions of people are with you. God bless.

My heart also goes out to Krista Dittmeyer's family. I am truly sorry for your loss, and I know this is not the way you wanted to bring her home, but she is permanently home now. Sometimes life takes things from us before we expect it, but I hope that your family finds a way to heal, and her little girl is able to move on with life remembering her mother loved her and never meant to leave her. Although this isn't the way I would have wished for you to find your daughter, in a way you are lucky that you haven't spent your lives wondering where she is and were able to have a finite answer. I'm sorry things turned out this way.

There is always someone out there who knows something, so if you do, I urge you to come forward. This family is suffering. They deserve answers, and their daughter deserves justice. She was a mother, a sister, a friend, and a daughter, whose life was taken before she had a chance to live it. If this was your friend or relative, wouldn't you hope someone had the strength to come forward for them?

And in other, less important news, I present you with the clusterfuck that is the following.

* So, I heard back from CD rack guy, just like I knew I would. This email confirmed that this guy is one of two things. One: He's a very poor troll, who is, possibly, new to the game. I, however, am not and appreciate a good troll, but not when I'm legitimately trying to sell something. Two: He is one of those people who makes you want to track down Bill Engvall just so you can have him personally tell the guy, "here's your sign," while handing him one. Since I like to take the Penelope Garcia stance toward the world, although I've been proven wrong time and time again, I choose to think it's the first one, which is why when I responded to his email, I did not get angry, point out his troubles with reading, or make a mockery of his lack of common sense; that would have just earned me an uncalled for and whatever discount and let the troll win. Instead, I did things in this order: laugh, respond, block, and delete all emails from said troll.

But I am getting ahead of myself. You all are probably wondering what the email said. Well, my fine furry friends, he emailed me at 7:30 this morning to ask me if he could pick the racks up today and if I'd (aka my mom) be in the office today, since he didn't want to pick them up where I lived, so we agreed that since my mom's work was in a closer town, he could pick them up there. Let's just start with the fact that today, again, was not a day I told him I was available, and move on to the fact that I asked him if he wanted to meet Wednesday post him asking me if I could still meet Tuesday (another day I did not tell him I was available on) and three times before that, and, after checking his email for a yes or no about Tuesday, he still didn't bother to get back to me until today, Friday. Nice move, douche. Apparently a simple yes or no was too tough and ignoring me until the day he wanted to meet which, again, was not a day I told him I could meet him, was more appropriate.

Also, he couldn't figure out he wanted to meet today before today? A lot of people are leaving or already have left for work at 7:30 and can't check their personal email at work, therefore not seeing it until they return home and the day is done. Maybe if he had let me know before today, we could have made arrangements. This guy clearly has problems and I wish him the best in life. Regardless, I answered him with a simple no, and then bid him adieu from my life via the block feature. Adults these days. This is why I don't give a meeting place address until we've confirmed a day. Bet me this guy would have just shown up anyway and then regaled me with a wah wah ranting email about how horrible I was for not showing up when I never said I could.

* Last night, my mom and I were sitting on the couch and minding our own business, while a cat meowed in the background. It was just a typical day at our house, until the cat jumped up on the couch and we turned to greet him. Me, the epitome of calm, cool, and unafraid, screamed like a girl and jumped off of the couch. In his mouth, our lovely cat was carrying a baby bunny that he had managed to get into the house. He then decided to lay it down on our other cat for some reason. My mom picked it up, and when I got up to help her lay it to rest, I found out the baby bunny was not only very alive, but also just fine; there wasn't any blood or a spot on it. I bent down to pet the quiet little creature and said, "Hello, little bunny." Just at that moment, the little bunny raised its little paw as if to say hi. I realize that was a coincidence, but let's pretend not. In honor of this, I decided to name the little bunny Konnichiwa. It's Japanese for hello. I also decided it was a girl. I didn't look first.

And, in case you're wondering, Konnichiwa was taken out and reunited with her little family. We were going to keep her until morning and then call a wildlife place to properly take care of her, because she was just standing there still as could be once we got her to safety, but then she hopped away like a little boss. Also, our kitties are not allowed out now. We want Konnichiwa and her family safe.

* Yesterday, I was starting to wonder if a retirement home hadn't come and recruited me. I thought about eating supper at four, playing canasta at five, and turning it at 5:30 or six, tops. Instead, I took a nap, ate a late dinner, skipped canasta, and spent the night watching The Game Show network. Yep, I'm now retirement home certified. If I stop writing on this blog, you know where to find me.

* Today, my mom's client called her because he couldn't find his garage door opener. My mom told him the last she had seen it, it was in the kitchen cupboard. He said he couldn't find it, and fearing that some creepy person had taken it in a walk through of the house, we made the almost half an hour trek down there. My mom got out of the car, me following, and then walked up to the kitchen, opened the drawer, and wouldn't you know it, but there it was. She showed him and he said he wasn't looking in that kitchen. There's only one kitchen in that house.

To be fair, there used to be a kitchen down in the basement, but it's not there anymore; it hasn't been for years. That's where he was checking, though, and he never bothered to check the actual kitchen. People amuse me.

* There's a website called A Bad Case of the Dates, which features bad dating stories from all over the place, as well as emails that people have received from dating sites. One email asked the reader / potential date, "If you had to pick another gender to be other than your current one, which would you pick?" I can't imagine why the person never responded to that email. I wasn't aware there were more than two genders, were you?

* I love the commercials for rosacea medication that basically say the medication could kill you as one of the side effects, while treating said rosacea, but you'd be a pretty beautiful corpse. I'm sorry, I'm not willing to die for pretty.

* We were watching a show where they were auctioning off Bernie Madoff's items. They said Bernie Madoff may not outlive his 150 year jail sentence. Gosh, I'd hope not, unless he found the Fountain of Youth, instead of created and executed a ponzi scheme.

* Original Becky's boyfriend is convinced that "a Jonas brother" is some kind of creepy person. He legitimately has no idea who they are, but he thinks they sound creepy. Obviously, I can see what she sees in him, because that's one big win.

* Do you remember me telling you all about the most evil, ugly bridesmaids dress on the planet? Hefty makes cups to match. Plastic ones, at that. The cups are prettier. The vote on that is unanimous.

* Original Becky and I were having a conversation about a movie about vagina dentata and centipedes. No one would believe that conversation unless they saw it. Unfortunately, Original Becky saw those movies. I did not.

* I love Dr. Phil. He says the darnedest things. He was filling in for Sharon Osbourne on The Talk and they were discussing who stayed up and watched the royal wedding and who didn't. One of the girls Tivo'd it and he says "If you watch it now, it's not like there's a spoiler alert. You know they went through with it."

In continuation, the girls kept talking bout the wedding. Dr Phil, who didn't get up to watch the wedding then says, "I got up at 8am and I've seen it ten times, so we're even." Yep, guys, that's all our television news and other channels have been about is showing the royal wedding over and over and over again. As happy as we all are for the lucky couple, we're not sure why we're seeing the wedding in repeat here, either.

In other, unrelated quotes, Dr. Phil also said, "Men are out of their dept in a parking lot puddle." Amen to that.

I think that about covers it for tonight.

No comments: