CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm Sorry, Your Argument Is Invalid Due to Stupidity.

Just a short little story for today. I was encouraged to apply for social security benefits, seeing as my doctors haven't let me work in over three years. I had applied before but was denied, mostly due to the fact that the woman didn't pull most of my medical records before making her decision. Long story short, I got my denial letter today, which I expected. However, it was far more entertaining than I thought.

In my denial letter, each which was a seven page waste of a tree; I got two, I was told they were denying me since there is no medical evidence that I can't work. I'd be mad, but it's far too funny to be mad. Especially when my doctors are the ones that aren't allowing me to work and have filled out papers for the state and social security stating that I can not work and the reasons. The people who make these decisions are people who sit in an office and have no medical training. The irony there is just terrific. This is mean, but I hope one day if one of those workers becomes ill and their doctors tell them they can't work, one of their colleagues denies them social security because there's no evidence they can't come back to work. I think it would be sweet victory.

No comments: