CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just A Vintage Girl

Hey all! Me again; here to not dazzle you on this blog for the second post in a row. However, I have been working on something super special to share with you all, and finally, I am ready to do so.

Do you all remember how, a few posts back, I mentioned that I would be opening a blog about vintage clothing and how to rehab it and make it work, in the next few months? If you don't, that's okay, because I will be super annoying and repeat what I wrote previously.

"This is going to be an extremely pretentious announcement considering this is probably coming many months in advance, but I will be starting a new blog. Some of you know that I am a bit of a vintage clothes restorer aficionado. I am in love with vintage clothes and the look of them in general, and I am in love with sewing. Lucky for me, Aunt Bev happened to have a slew and a half of vintage clothes that fit me that I was welcome to. This is one of the many of millions of reasons why I love Aunt Bev.

Anyway, some of the clothes were vastly out of style with their sleeves and length, and were not the cute kind of vintage at all. However, the patterns and the garment itself were vintage, and I saw complete hope for reworking the garment so that it kept with feel of the pattern and the era, but also update it so I could wear it everywhere and not look like an old schoolmarm, as Aunt Bev would say. Sometimes all it takes it removing the shoulder pads from the sleeves, and others all it takes it removing the puffy, I’m on a pirate ship, sleeves. It’s quite easy, actually.

There are some pieces that are fine on their own, several actually, and only needed the buttons and what not changed out. But some of the pieces were those matronly pieces, as some were her mother’s, and they actually laughed when I put them on and wondered how I was ever going to do something with them to allow me to wear them in public. Since I’ve had a few people who are also in love with vintage clothing and want to know how to change them up and make them fit today’s style without stealing their integrity, ask to see the pieces I’ve done or how I’ve done them, I decided to do a blog all about this particular subject.

In this blog, I will take some before and after pictures of garments that seem as though they are past help. I will also include the pieces that I’ve done nothing to and show how to make them work with an accessory or two. Accessories can make all the difference. I am also vastly in love with Jennifer Love Hewitt’s character’s style on Ghost Whisperer. She wears all vintage pieces and changes them up with accessories, so even the silliest things suddenly don’t look so silly after they are dressed up with the right accentuating pieces and accessories.

I am far from a fashionista, but I think this blog could be something fun for me. It will be awhile until I get it up, because I’ve got a ton of other pieces that I’m currently working on altering, and it is also time consuming to get some great pictures to put up on the blog. As soon as I am ready for the new blog, I will let you all know. I will not be taking this blog down, but simply starting another one dedicated simply to vintage clothing."

Well, my friends, I was not actually being pretentious when I said that, but I just didn't know it yet. Today I started the brand new blog, and posted the first entry. So head on over to Just A Vintage Girl and become a non-fashionista, fashionista like myself.

Also, I received a random question on FormSpring from an anonymous individual. I'm pretty sure I know who asked me this, but I answered it anyway. Wait, that came out wrong. I would explain, but it's complicated. Don't you hate when people say that? It's right up there with, "because I said so."

Do you have any regrets? If so, what?


This is one of those devil's advocate kind of questions. In the long haul, big picture of it all, I do not. But sometimes I think about love, and I wish I would have been more ready to just dive right in and give someone a chance. I didn't, but that was probably the way it was meant to be

No comments: