CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Hills Are Alive

Not much entertainment here today. This will be short and sweet. I think it's illegal to be this boring, right?

Aunt Bev and I went shopping for a car again last weekend. She finally bought herself a Hyundai Sonata. I was shocked, seeing as she was all over this one Buick, but she is happy. No hijinx ensued. We were actually surprised by that. So surprised, in fact, that we actually spent more time on the ride home talking about how it was odd that nothing weird or crazy happened to us that day, than we did about the car.

I have at least forty seven billion things to do this week. I am in over my head here. It's already Tuesday and I am losing the battle with my own to-do list. Amongst other things, I am planning a party, which is in a few weeks and somehow I ended up not having enough activities. The party is only for my mom, Aunt Bev, our friend Linda and her three year old grandson, and myself, but if you don't plan enough activities and you have a lapse in time, Aunt Bev will tell us the same story over and over. I love her.

I am also working on writing. It's insane over here, guys. I have such horrible ADHD, and then my character from the initial novel I started and myself are having a fight. Yes, apparently you can do that with your own character. I am also working on another potential novel. I knew the one I started first may not be the first finished. The thing is, I have about 20 solid ideas for novels. This is not an exaggeration. I want to work on them all and once, and obviously that doesn't work well. Plus, I still haven't finished the story I started to write for my friend's birthday. Her birthday was like four months ago, you guys. I am a terrible, terrible friend.

I will get back to regular blogging, if there is any such thing with me lately, soon. But for now I shall leave you with a thought. If someone had stopped writing the score for The Sound of Music at "the hills are alive," it could have been a completely different song much more suited for a horror movies. Sometimes I like to sing just that part of the song and watch as people cringe when they realize just how creepy it is that the hills are alive with anything. Just saying.

No comments: