CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fearlessly Twenty Three

"I'm every cliche, but I simply do it best."

This is how I used to feel for the longest time, but now I feel as if there's nothing that I do best. I've been sick for so long that I'm starting to feel unoriginal. I'm looking forward to getting out there, shining, and kicking some butt, taking some names later. I'm looking forward to being fearlessly twenty three.

In ironic news of the day, I canceled my doctors appointment this morning because I was too sick to go. This has never happened to me in all of these years. It was a really odd feeling, but I knew that I just could not physically get up, get dressed, and make my way over there without something bad happening, so it's been put off until Wednesday. Boo!

I haven't worked on my novel in five days. I don't know what's wrong with me. All I seem to be able to do is sleep. This is not me.

I'm trying to get caught up on updating my stories and other random things such as e-mails that I've let go for upwards of two months now. It's depressing that, for someone so efficient, things have gotten this bad. Please understand that I am trying.

I'm considering getting a Twitter. I don't know if I'd actually use it or not, but a ton of people have them and they seem pretty cool. Would I want to update my status that much though, as all it is, is a place to let people know what's going on in your life? Hmm. If I do, I'll post the link to it on here.

So I think it's odd that Britney Spears is doing a "Circus" tour and everyone thinks this is just the bees knees. (God, that made me sound old.) In 2006, Panic at the Disco did the "Nothing Rhymes With Circus Tour." They included the Lucent Dossier Vaudeville Cirque in their tour, and that's an epic win for them. In 2007, Christina Aguilera blended the circus theme into her "Back to Basics Tour." I'm not knocking Britney Spears, but I think it's discrediting to the other artists who have gone there and done this concept before and really delivered, to make it seem like Britney was the first to have this idea. It depresses me. I'm sorry Britney, but this was NOT your idea and you should NOT take credit for it. However, I have no doubt in my mind that she will do a terrific job with the concept and I wish her the best!

Edit: I also understand that in 2005 Motley Crue had also done a circus themed tour. This I did not know, but now do. They seem to be the original group that decided to fore go this concept. There are probably others that I do not know about, so feel free to let me know if there are.

Out of boredom today, I decided that Wal-Mart employees should be called "walmartians." I used to work there, so I think that I can say this without meaning any harm to anyone that works at Wal-Mart, as I'd be previously calling myself one as well.

I learned something today that I think I knew, but didn't know all at the same time. In seeing the constant previews for Race to Witch Mountain it is clear to see that the two kids in the movie are aliens. I know this movie is not about the two kids in the original two movies Escape to Witch Mountain and Return From Witch Mountain, but this still struck me odd. For whatever reason, I really believed that the kids in the first movie were NOT aliens. I asked around and my friends seemed to think the same, so maybe it's our generation. After looking into some things I realized that the original movie starts with them crash landing on an unfamiliar planet, therefore making them aliens. Isn't that something? How did this many people around my age tend to forget this? It kind of leaves me bewildered.

Since I feel as if I've picked on Miss Spears enough for one day, I shall make one of her songs my song of the day, as I feel it's only fair, even though I don't have her new album. I do like her song Circus off of her album sixth studio album Circus. The video really shows her getting back to the Britney we used to know, and I kind of like that. Nostalgia.

Since it's obvious that I have a serious writers block and will not be working on my novel tonight, I'm going on an epic search for a layout for this blog. It needs some spicing up, don't you think?

No comments: