CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Good Girls Go Bad ~ The Crier (Adult Life Is Calling)

As you know from above, I have started a segment called "Good Girls Go Bad" to showcase all the guys that I've met along the way that make the good girls go bad by ruining the image that there are good guys out there for all of us. This is a repost of an earlier story to single it out for this segment. I totally redid the story and added more details. I realized I rush wrote this post initially and more things needed explained. Anyway, here it is in all its glory.

Back in September my friend Becky and we decided that, for some one's birthday, we were going to saran wrap their car or decorate their motorcycle, depending on which mode of transportation they brought to work that day. In doing this, we had decided early on that we wanted to use balloons either way. Since we had so many balloons, we decided to have them blown up somewhere. Lazy, but neither of us posses that much air. That being said, we took them to a local store where she used to work, and a guy friend of hers blew them up for us. For all intents and purposes, we shall call the guy friend BG for balloon guy, as I do not want to tarnish any one's name. (Edit: Remember that thing I said about guys named Chris in the post above this one? Let's just say this is a one in the same kind of ordeal.)

Upon leaving the store I commented that I thought BG was cute, and Becky being Becky, passed this message on. I laughed, because really, what was I going to do? That was that. I had met a cute guy. Ya me, the whole thing. Then life went on.

Around rolled December and Becky was in said local store and ran into BG, who proceeded to ask her if I was still single and if I would be interested in going out with him. He wanted her to get my permission to contact me before she gave him my number, which was really sweet and mature. At the time all of this happened, I was 23 and he was 18, but he assured her repeatedly that he was a mature 18. She had worked with him, and when she had they were good friends, so she knew him well and thought we'd both really like each other. She also had a lot of respect for this guy and just thought he was nice, sweet, mature, and all over a good guy. She contacted me, I said yes, I would be interested in him contacting me, and this put me in contact with him.

Fast forward about a weeks worth of texts and we decided to go on our first date. It didn't start out as a date, but it somehow turned into it. First we were just going to see a movie, he decided next to pick me up, then he was paying for it, and it somehow turned into a date. We went to see Twilight that night and it worked out. He was charming, sweet, I was comfortable with him, and he was cute to boot. It was like a Taylor Swift song. I was happy, he was happy, we both thought we had something.

Friday rolls around and we hung out and baked penis cookies with Becky and Patrick, a mutual friend between she and I. They were for a bachelorette party, so don't get any hinky ideas, kids. From there, everything seemed fine aside from the fact that BG was obviously tired and the last thing he wanted to do was be making cookies. He whined a lot because he was tired and was extremely unhelpful. I was not feeling well that day and sat down for a few minutes in between baking cookies. He sat down almost the whole time, and when Becky said something to him, he told her he was sitting down because I was. Becky was quick to defend me by snapping back and telling him that I was sick and he was just not participating and playing with his IPhone which was "his baby" the whole time. He was also late, way later than Patrick who was also helpful and stayed after BG to help clean up, and when I say clean, I mean he cleaned EVERYTHING WELL. Becky and I didn't even have time to think about cleaning because Patrick had it done.

Anyway, back to BG. We had also warned him ahead of time that Becky had a dog. He said this was fine, and then when he got there was scared to death of the dog and we had to lock him in a room. Had we known this, we wouldn't have invited BG because that wasn't fair to the dog. BG also made inappropriate comments, and I am all for that, but his went way, way too far.

He didn't seem so bad until after he left and it was just Patrick, Becky and me. We started talking and realized that, yeah, he was pretty much a pain in the ass, and if he was that tired, he should have stayed at home. Grating on other people's nerves because you're tired is not cool. No one would have been mad if he would have said hey, I work two jobs, go to school, and volunteer as a firefighter. I'm tired and can't come, but he didn't. He came anyway and was a pain. Then, compared to Patrick, he seemed like a real ass. Regardless, before he left I had made another date with him for the following night.

Everyone has their bad days and it wasn't that big of a deal, right? We were actually fine with him until he left and it set in how much more peaceful it was without him. Because Becky had known him for three years prior to the current time, and I had a great time with him on the date, we figured it a fluke. This was no reason to not give him a second chance, although it should have been a red flag for both me and Becky, as she figured, too, that it was a fluke.

Saturday pops up on us, date night, and I texted him to see what time he wanted to go out exactly and what we were doing, because he had not contacted me as of yet, and I like to know what I'm doing. I could tell immediately that something was up with him. After several hours of being ignored by him after he was already cranky towards me, he ends up telling me that he's cancelling our date, but gives no explanation and just stops talking to me. I thought, well, okay, I can take a hint. He doesn't want to date me anymore. I have no idea what I did, but it's for the better.

I told Becky what happened and she was seriously upset about the whole thing, as she couldn't see BG doing something like this and neither could I. She felt responsible for introducing us, and it just didn't seem like him to do something such as this, so even though that pretty much ended things right there, we still tried to nicely give him the benefit of the doubt that he was a decent human being. In all fairness, had he given me some sort of explanation instead of just canceling, or at least apologized, I would have given him another chance and probably stupidly, too, but since he did neither and I was both shocked and appalled by this, I figured it was best to not even venture further into this relationship. Nothing lost, nothing gained. I've been in too many relationships, even with just friends, where the guy either didn't care, or was communication insufficient, and I wasn't doing it again.

Fast forward to Monday. I end up getting a text from BG. He NOW decides to apologize for canceling the date Saturday. Too bad he didn't actually apologize when he did so, but was rude about it instead. I didn't really expect to hear from him again to be honest, figuring that he decided he didn't want to date me again and was too afraid to tell me, and I would never know why. He was somewhat timid and seemed like he could be that type, and it was also a sign of immaturity, which would have fit his just out of high school age. Apparently this was not the case. Since he did take the time to apologize late, better late than never, I thought about it, and with Becky being with me when the text came through, we talked amongst ourselves and both agreed something terrible probably happened to him. We are stupid and give people too much benefit of the doubt. I hate us.

I asked him if he was okay, hoping he would explain to me what happened, or at least attempt some explanation. If something horrible did happen, then I was a bitch for not giving him another chance and not understanding. What he told me next knocked not only my socks off, but sent me into infinite laughter. This is a story I will tell my grandchildren.

He proceeds to tell me that he's fine, however Saturday was horrible, and then explains. Wait for it. The epic thing that happened was this:

A co-worker texted him and called him an asshole. Now mind, BG works in an office away from everyone he works with and doesn't have to deal with them at all at any point in time while he is there. He had just gotten a promotion into this position too. Not to be insensitive, but it was also just a text. Delete it and move on with your life. You don't have to ever deal with the person, or them with you. No big deal, be the bigger person. It's not like the co-worker said this to BG's face, and even if he had, he is big and old enough to walk away. Becky and I both figured there had to be more to this story, and oh there was, but it was far from what we expected.

From there he proceeded to text me and tell me that directly after his co-worker did this he cried, left the office, found his boss and quit his job. He also decided that, because he worked eight hours a week at a pizza place, that he just wasn't going to get another job because he just couldn't handle the stress. If he was going to be made fun of at work or called names, he just wasn't going to work. Umm.....news flash. Adult life is calling and it is a bitch.

We.laughed.hard. We fell to the ground in the middle of a parking lot and laughed. We laughed our asses off in the middle of Red Robin. We laughed when we split up and got into our cars to go home. I've never laughed so hard in my life and will never forget this day as long as I live.

Maybe this makes us two major bitches, but at the same time, he is eighteen and this is the real world. Apparently he can not survive in it. You're always going to have someone who isn't going to like you, but if you hold your head high, ignore it, and continue on, the joke will be on them. I have never cared what anyone has thought of me unless I really hold the person dear and feel like I've offended them by something stupid that shot out of my mouth. I could not be with someone who couldn't even deal with someone calling them a name through a text, and quitting their job. If I had the memory to keep these texts in my phone, believe me, I would have and I would have posted a screenshot of them on here minus the number, because they are that funny. You have to see them to believe them.

That being said, I really do think the guy is a nice, great guy, but I think he has a lot of growing up to do. There's some eighteen year olds that are more mature than me. It's human nature, but he is certainly not one of them. As one of my unidentified friends pointed out, when she heard the story, she felt like I was telling her about a thirteen year old girl. He was still in high school mode, which I guess is natural being that he was only in his first year of college. I do wish him the best, though, and hope that he learns from this and finds himself a great girl, everything he wants in life, and is happy. That girls is just not going to be me.

No comments: