CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Come As You Are

I had another post planned for tonight, but I'm going to skip it for something more important. These days, I see so many people wondering around pretending to be something they're not. I'm not much of a makeup girl. I put myself out there pretty unapologetically. I figure that if I'm ugly without makeup, I'm just ugly, and makeup isn't really going to help. This is me. If you like me, you like me, if you don't like me, it's okay. Maybe this keeps me from getting a date, but eventually you are going to see me without makeup, and I'd rather know now what you really think of me. I'm just being up front. It's not that I'm unwilling to wear makeup, but I've had enough people see me for something I'm not inside and outside, and I'm just so tired of it. I don't want to hide behind anything anymore.

I believe as humans we are most vulnerable when we get out of the shower. That sounds dumb, but hear me out. We've got no makeup to hide behind, we've not done our hair. We are the core of what we really are. With that in mind, I decided to do something different, and I encourage you guys to join me if you'd like. I decided I was going to post a picture of myself post shower, no makeup, my hair still drying, crazy and not done, my glasses on, listening to music that fills my soul. The only thing I have on is Chapstick because I'm nearly Napoleon Dynamite when it comes to that. So won't you guys join me in just being yourself? You're beautiful just the way you are!

2 comments:

あやか said...

U go girl! Keep that up!

Miss Kitty said...

Love this post, Cassadee! You've got a lot of guts posting a picture of yourself sans fards (without makeup). I'd post a photo of my makeup-less visage, but I'm trying not to reveal my identity on E&P. But you'll see plenty of other "keepin' it real" stuff on my blog.