CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

We're Single Because Kim Kardashian Is Awesome

Seriously, that's mine and my friend's new motto. Let me explain. Today while watching Dancing With the Stars, my mom and I got to talking about previous seasons, which led to us talking about Kim Kardashian. We missed that season but I looked up her dances online. I was telling my mom that that she was a good dancer, but the reason she didn't get further is that she was so stiff and had issues letting go and showing a "romantic" side with her partner, Mark.

From there we got to talking about how Kim is the text book good girl, and a little stiff socially, in general. If you're not familiar with her, she doesn't drink or party. There's even an episode where she got a new house and her mom threw a party for her in her new house. She couldn't relax because she was worried people were going to ruin this beautiful house that she had just bought and customized for her. She didn't enjoy her party, and in her defense, a pillow was ruined by a drunken wine spill.

My mom commented that I was exactly like Kim socially. I one hundred and fifty percent agree and am completely flattered by this comparison. I adore her and I am exactly like Kim socially, although I'm more like Khloe when it comes to sarcasm and what not. I have a big personality, whereas Kim is a little more backward with the funny. But I am a good girl, and I like things in a certain order. I'm not romantically comfortable or loose, and I like things a certain way. I don't have a stick up my ass, but I can see where some could feel that way. What I do and don't do is my choice. I like having nice things and knowing with a clear head what I am doing, and I don't see anything wrong with that. However, I realized that I'm probably single for the same reason that Kim is. I'm totally okay with that.

Anyway, being single because Kim is awesome is not why I'm writing this. I want to tell you about the inspiring week I had, followed by the weekend from somewhere that I can fairly positively identify as not heaven. Let's just start with the inspiring week, shall we?

Last Thursday I went to the vet's office with Aunt Bev. I'm going to go on record and say that I think it was Thursday, although it could have been Wednesday. However, I feel like dog doo-doo right now and don't feel like thinking this one out too awfully hard. Anywho, this particular vet was the one I used to work for, so I went to be her translator. Look, the vet is originally from Poland. He's hard to understand for a lot of people and one of my jobs as his vet tech was to basically be a translator. I've known him long enough that I understand him just fine. But this story has nothing to do with the animals. You're all shocked by one of my stories having nothing to do with everything it should have to do with, I'm sure.

While at the vets office, I met a little girl who touched my heart. As you all know, I love kids. In fact, I often say that a husband is optional but a little girl is not. I know I shouldn't be zeroing in on a little girl, but I know with my health that having kids is not going to be much of an option for me, so I plan to adopt. And I want a little girl. It's not that I wouldn't love a boy all the same, but I'm not around a lot of guys in my life. I never have been. I could connect with a little girl better. I've always had my dream little girl in mind; one that I thought I would connect with and would connect best with me. We all dream of our perfect husband and perfect kids. I just forgot the husband part.

When I met the little girl at the vets office, she was everything I wanted my little girl to be. She was smart, sweet, adorable, sassy, and furthermore, she was strong. She befriended me nearly immediately and asked me if I would be her new best friend. Who could say no to that? I agreed. While her mom was in with the dog and her grandma in the waiting room watching her, we played. We probably played in the small waiting room for a half an hour, and we talked. I told her she was cute, she said, "I know." I asked her her favorite color and she said, "I like them all evenly." I adored her. Then she turned around and inspired me.

It turns out this little girl of only four was diagnosed with diabetes recently. No matter what they do, they can't seem to get her blood sugar stabilized. They give her the dose for her size and it's too much. They give her less and it's not enough. Because of this she was passing out. They took her to the hospital and found out she was actually having seizures. When I met her she was actually getting ready to go to the hospital after the vet visit to have this further checked into.

A lot of you have heard me say on here that, although I know I am sick, I also know it could be worse. That's what keeps me strong. This little girl is what keeps me strong, and I am praying that she has the strength to handle everything coming her way, and they can find what it takes to help her feel better. The little girl and I bonded so well that her mom and I exchanged numbers. I hope I get to see her again. As Aunt Bev said, "I don't know who's having more fun, you or her." Me, definitely. Aunt Bev also pointed out that we are probably the same age when it comes to the things we like to do with our spare time. Considering Aunt Bev bought me coloring pages that make farm animal sounds when you color the pages, and I play with them, I'd have to agree. Last year my mom bought me crayons and coloring books for Christmas. See, I'm in with the cool kids.

Another thing that struck me is that, as you all know, I've been struggling with my novel. The story feels so right and so wrong all the same. I struggle with if this is the story I want to go with and represent myself with for a first novel. I struggle with a lot of questions. As I get other story ideas, I file them so that I can move on when I'm done with my novel. I plan to keep writing and submitting my stories until I get a book deal. There's a lot of ideas in my head. And one is about a little girl. She is a character that I have developed down to the last detail of her look and personality. The little girl that I met at the vets office defines the little girl character in this story. She is her to a tee, and I wonder if maybe this is fate trying to tell me something. And the more compelling thing? The working title for that story is New Best Friend, because when the little girl meets the lead female character, she immediately asks her if she'll be her "new best friend." Coincidence?

This weekend was supposed to be blissful, especially after the crazy-busy week I had. I would further report on it, except it was mostly running around with my mom, a day out with Aunt Bev and planning, planning, planning and finalizing some things for this weekend's Halloween party that I am having for the grand total of three people, including myself. Go on and guess who the other two are. I'll give you a minute...

If you guessed Mom and Aunt Bev, you are right. Word.

I will try to never type word as one word with a period again. Or, you know, a sentence. I will try to never make the word, word a sentence again.

This weekend I had strict plans. I was going to go to the PetSmart Halloween celebration with two of my dogs, Greta Hayley and Helena, and watch the marathon of Ghost Adventures, along with a few Halloween movies. When I say I have strict plans, I am not kidding. On Friday night I sat on the computer and went through the guide, writing down the episodes of Ghost Adventures that I wanted to see, and the times they were playing. I also did that with the movies I wanted to see and then adjusted things to which I wanted to see the most. I then stuck those schedules on the television so that I wouldn't forget.

I know what you're all thinking. But Cassadee, didn't you say in an earlier post that you were afraid of Zak Bagans from Ghost Adventures? Yes, yes I did. I know what you're all thinking now. But Cassadee, why in the heck are you planning your weekend around watching that show? Well, my friends, these are all valid thoughts, but the thing is, I'm not longer afraid of him. Let me tell you...scratch that, let me show you why.

Go to 7:00 in this clip. Any person who admits they are afraid of snakes and then picks on up is good in my book. However, any person who drops the snake and runs away while screaming, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," repeatedly just makes me laugh, therefore making my fear of them null and void. I could also mention where he heard something and literally huddled in a corner, and another time when something overtook him and as the other two men on the show debated if something was wrong with him, he began to skip and sing down the hallway. Just a note, this guy probably hasn't skipped a day in his life. This absolutely wasn't normal, which is fine, because now I just find it impossible to be afraid of him every time I picture him running away from snakes and apologizing. The other few things don't hurt, either. So in case you were wondering, that explains that.

Saturday worked out well for me. I got in my Ghost Adventures and then headed to PetSmart with the girls. I always knew that Greta Hayley was a very special dog. She has always taken care of me and I always feel like I have to find a way to live up to that. She is sweet, loving, and wants nothing but to get hugs and love, and I hope her do her right. On Saturday she showed me a completely different reason as to why she is so amazing.

Greta is a bit of a nervous PetSmart visitor. (You guys, this is how good I'm not feeling. I just tried to figure out how it was that visitator wasn't a word. It took spell check to tell me the right word would be visitor. I knew this...but apparently whatever has come to make me sick did not. Thanks, whatever is making me sick, for making me not only act like a dumb ass, but share it with people who would have never known otherwise.) She will let people pet her, but she shakes a little, or will turn and hide her head in between my legs. She likes it, but it makes her nervous all the same. Then when she's had enough she just walks away from people. But really they shouldn't feel insulted. She does it to me, too.

While we were waiting for the parade to start so that we could take our dogs "trick-or-treating" for dog treats, two women walked by us with a mentally challenged individual in a wheelchair and another who was older and able to get around just fine. The older woman got very excited over Greta, but the younger woman she was with, who I later found out was her granddaughter, wouldn't let her come over and see Greta. I figured this was most likely because she wasn't sure if we'd be okay with it. The woman clapped for Greta and everything.

As they walked away, Greta got antsy to go for a walk. Her walk led us right over to the same group of people. And the sweet little darling did the most profound thing. She simply walked over to the older, mentally challenged woman and sat down. The older woman just looked at me and I told her she could pet her. She asked me if Greta was a boy or a girl and I told her she was a girl. She got down on the floor with Greta while Greta just sat there, and petted her. While this was going on the granddaughter thanked me profusely, explaining that no one would ever let the woman pet their animals.

People, this seriously stumps me. The woman was delightful. Just because she is mentally challenged does not, by any means, mean that she is a mean woman who doesn't deserve to be treated like the rest of us. Some of the most amazing people I've met in my life have been mentally challenged. They see the world painted beautifully, something that more people need to do. If you talk to them for any amount of time, you realize that they are the ones who understand the world, while we make it into what we want to see.

When the woman was done petting Greta, she got up and hugged me. The young woman tried to stop her, but I went back in and hugged the woman back. She was a wonderful woman and so thrilled to have gotten to pet Greta. I was thrilled that Greta went right over to her and let her do so. She has an amazing little heart, and I don't care what people say, she knew this woman just wanted a little puppy to pet. She made the woman's day, and in return, this amazing woman and Greta Hayley both made mine. I was so proud of her that I could have cried. Directly after this she went back to being shy about people petting her.

A little later in the evening we ran into the same woman and she got to pet Aunt Bev's kitten, Nugget. I really hope we made her day a little brighter, because she was wonderful. Also, for Halloween I will be posting the pictures of Greta Hayley and Helena that they got taken at the celebration.

I came home Saturday and resumed my evening of Ghost Adventures and a Hallmark movie, Growing the Big One. And no, I didn't just watch it for the name. But then Sunday came and it all went to somewhere that isn't heaven. I woke up sick. I stayed sick all day. To put it nicely, nothing I ate wanted to be friends with me. I shrugged it off and figured it was just me being sick although I felt like my body was going through hell. When it didn't let up today I realized that something had caught me. I hadn't caught it. I'm not that dumb.

So here I am today still feeling like crap, succumbing to the fact that I am exhausted and hungry, and probably won't sleep because I'm too hungry to sleep, and if I eat I won't be able to stay friendly with it, so I'm trying to amuse myself online. But it could be worse, I could be the local man who stole an empty cash register and is being charged with attempted burglary. How sad for him.

No comments: