CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Peek-A-Kitty

In yesterday's post I mentioned that I had really exciting news about something that happened on Labor Day involving Aunt Bev, my mom and myself. I promised that as soon as I got some pictures, I would post them on here and reveal said news.Well, get ready to say a lot of "oohs" and "awws," because the time for the special surprise is now.

On Monday my mom and I were lazily lying around debating why television sucked so badly, and why the only marathon we could find to watch, which was Destination Truth, had to go off. Just when we thought the day couldn't get more boring, Aunt Bev called with the following story.

She had been feeding a little kitty that looked as if it belonged to someone and had been thrown out. In doing this, she ended up finding baby kittens inside of her shrubbery in the front of her house. They were too small to take off on their own, but she knew soon enough they would be, and since she lives on a busy street she didn't want them to grow up, go out on their own, and get hurt. She asked us if we would come and help her catch them. We will pretty much stop anything for kittens, and we weren't doing anything anyway, so we were there before she could say please. Which she did say, by the way. She also thanked us, in case you were wondering.

For those of you who don't know, Aunt Bev is a kitty lover. Her husband was allergic to kitties so she couldn't have her own. Since he's been gone she has been talking about getting another kitty, but she wasn't sure if she was ready to do so, or what she wanted to do. The kitties found her. It was fate, and they could not have been born into a better yard for a better person to find. It was the case of little kitties who needed a friend, mixed with an awesome woman who needed some kitty friends.

She had told us that there were three kittens living in her shrubbery. When we got there we went around to where she had told us the kittens were, only to have her pop out from around the house with this little guy or gal. We don't know the sexes of any of them because they are too young. Because of this, they also don't have names, so please bear with me.

After we collected the kitties I went home and brought over some toys for her kittens. This is this little kitties' new best friend. Kitty just loves its fishy. Kitty also loves to look straight into the camera. See?

The next little bugger that we pulled out was this little one.

At first we couldn't find any of the other kittens, but then I got into the shrubbery and bent down. I thought I saw something moving in one of the bushes so I started to move the bushes only to hear a pfft sound. I think the pfft was the kittens trying their best to mortify us into getting away from them. We got them anyway, obviously. And this kitty moved right on into the house, like the others one did. This one just likes Aunt Bev's leg a little more than the other ones.

The third and last kitty we pulled out was this little white one with the orange around the face. Kitty was feisty and was the one who was going pfft. That sounds dirty, I know, but I promise it's a kitten and it is not.

Because kitty wanted to sleep the entire time I was taking pictures today, this is the only picture I got of this kitty outside of the box. It was a little grainy because I didn't want to use the flash on its little eyes. They were all a little grainy, so I played around with photoshop in hopes of making them all look old fashioned.

We had all the kitties but the mommy kitty, so we decided to put the food back where she and her kitties were living so that we could hopefully catch her. I grabbed the food and crawled into the bushes only to find this little kitty crawling into the small open area where the food was, confused. We all were convinced there were only three kitties, so we were shocked. And as it turns out, this little kitty was the runt and owns my heart completely.

As soon as I got this kitty into my arms and onto the back porch where we inspected them to make sure they were healthy, it crawled inside my sweatshirt and went to sleep. I could have literally snuck the kitty home in my sweatshirt. Don't think I didn't think about it.

I like the call the following photo this kitty's baby photo. It just reminds me of the old fashion baby photos from the thirties.

All four kitties are resting comfortably with toys, food, warmth and beds inside of Aunt Bev's house. They've been doted over and hugged over the last three days and totally own Aunt Bev and everyone else's hearts. In fact, her brother of whom she can never get a hold of and barely ever sees because he never calls anyone back, came over and spend almost four hours with them yesterday. Ah, kitties; bringing families together since forever.

Aunt Bev went and got a safety trap so she can catch mommy kitty and adopt her, too. I will keep you all updated on that situation.

Also, my very own resident kitty, Paramore Wednesday, says hi. And by says hi I mean she is biting my arm while I am typing this. That's as good as saying hi to me.

No comments: